Sunday, December 11, 2016

Card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, Ice Inspiration

Hi everybody :)

Here's a 5,5 x 4, 1/4 inch Christmas card I made for the fun challenge over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Blog There's still time to join the challenge, so head over and join the fun :)

They challenged us to use My Favorite things products if we had any, and I used what I could for my card :)



The base of the card is black bazill prismatics cardstock, the silver glitter cardstock is Best Creation, and I absolutely Love it!! The glitter stays on the cardstock and doesn't come off even when diecutting or rubbing it :)

For the background I inked up some white cardstock using my ink dabbers and distress inks in chipped sapphire, black soot, blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, mermaid lagoon, squeezed lemonade and twisted citron. I inked up enough for the back panel, which was cut using MFT double stitched square rectangle die, the largest in the set :)



The shaker element was created using a fun polaroid frame die from Mama Elephant, fun foam to pop it up and acetate for the window. The back panel is from the same background paper as for the card. the icicles was cut using a Joy crafts die and glued to the back panel inside the shaker. The shaker was filled with various bling and sequins from my stash. And the text on the polaroid frame is a norwegian stamp, and translates to Christmas Greetings :) it was heat embossed in silver.

The snow drifts on the shaker and at the bottom of the card is torn American Crafts Duotone white glitter paper. (this paper sheds glitter, but the rough glitter surface gives an awesome snow effect for your cards :)



The tiny silver snowflakes on the background panel and the front of the shaker was diecut from the Best Creations silver cardstock using dies from the snow globe die set from Your Next Stamp.

The fun little piglets are from the MFT stamp set Hog Heaven, and I just Love those cutiepies. The hats are from some other stamp sets, as I don't have any MFT santa hats :) but they worked just fine :)
The piglets and hats were colored with copics and glitter was added to their hats :)

Hope you like my card, and that you're inspired :)
thanks for watching,
hugs and smiles, Linda

1 comment:

  1. When pigs fly! Such a fun card - I love all the sparkle! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank every single one of you for taking the time to comment on my work, it's much appreciated!!